Here is a great recipe to add variety to your week of meals. It packs in the flavor and protein!
Easy Shrimp Stir-fry
½ cup quinoa (makes 1 full cup when cooked)
1 bell pepper, color of choice
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli
Low-sodium soy sauce
- Place ½ cup quinoa in a pot and add 1 cup water to it. Prepare quinoa per directions on package.
- Cut onion and bell pepper into thin slices. Chop broccoli into small segments if using fresh.
- Thaw frozen shrimp per instructions on package.
- Heat a large pan or wok on medium-high. Add bell pepper, onion and broccoli to pan. Cook for ~5 minutes. Add small amounts of water as necessary for cooking.
- Add shrimp to pan. Cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished, add it to the vegetable/shrimp mixture and combine.
- Serve and add soy sauce as desired.
Katherine Horner, MS, RD, LD, NASM-CPT, CES
Surgical Weight Loss Dietitian & Exercise Specialist
Recipe from Katherine Horner. Photo from food.allwomenstalk.com